I just made some pretty amazing pancakes. I rarely make something and then turn right to my computer to blog about it, but I really really felt the need to share this with you guys. I was craving something sweet, but light, as I wasn’t craaaazzzzzzy hungry, but certainly needed something in my system. I have to be honest that some of the best recipes that I make, I totally think up on the fly. Because there are certain ingredients that I always keep in my kitchen, I knew this would be a no brainer, but I had no idea how they would turn out!
You want the recipe? Here you go!
COCONUT BLUEBERRY PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 2T coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Cellucor Cookies N’ Cream)
- 1T flaxseed meal
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3C blueberries (FRESH!)
- 2T Almond flour
- 2T almond milk
- 3oz Greek Yogurt (1/2 of a individual size) I used Siggi’s
- Mix Flour, protein powder, baking powder, flaxseed together.
- Mix egg whites, almond milk, Greek yogurt separately.
- Add wet to dry and let sit for about 60 seconds
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or use coconut oil (Nutritional facts are with cooking spray)
- Spoon out desired sized cakes. I made about 4-5 medium sized.
- Once on the pan, add the blueberries evenly throughout
- Once bubbling (about 3 min) Flip!
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes and plate.
- Add desired toppings! (I made a PB2 ‘sauce’ using 2T PB2 and some almond milk.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN (For the whole recipe)
- CALORIES: 196
- FAT: 3g
- SODIUM: 246mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 17g
- FIBER: 6g
- SUGAR: 6g
- PROTEIN: 23g
When Do you eat these? Whenever you would like! They are not crazy filling in stats, so for me, this would be a bit of a snack…definitely not a whole meal! They were satisfying for sure and SOOOO delicious, but these are perfect if you don’t want a full stomach before a workout or after a workout paired with some extra carbs such as Kamut puffs or oatmeal and a more substantial fruit such as a banana. Basically, when it comes to pancakes-you can eat them any time of day!
Looking for more PROTEIN PACKED RECIPES?!
- Blue-Coco Almond Protein Cookies
- Marathon Protein Pancake
- Coco-Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes