Hey hey!!! Happy SUNDAY. I have PANCAKES for you today because well, pancakes are delicious and especially meant to be eaten on the weekends–or anytime. I tend to not make pancakes THAT often because I find that they get cold and soggy and I find myself reheating them or just plowing through them and not knowing what I just ate. I just wanted some pancakes this morning–its not that much to ask, really. They turned out SO much better than I imagined for not being such a pancake connoisseur.
BOOM. Cocoa Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes (with bloobs) These literally took me 8 minutes to throw together. I browsed a few recipes but ultimately, put together my own because its more fun that way. I didn’t post the recipe this morning because I was in the midst of making them and wanted to make sure they were taste tested first. I don’t want to steer you guys the wrong way so I thought that was fair. These ‘cakes were delicious but not sweet because I didn’t use any sweetner or had any syrup on hand. If you like your pancakes on the sweet side, feel free to add in some stevia, honey, agave, maple syrup or some good ole’ sugar. They’re your breakfast so feel free to modify to your liking! Don’t like blueberries? Try banana or strawberries. For the bananas, I would mash up 1/2 in the ‘wet ingredients’ THe banana woul also add some natural sweetness to them! The possibilities are endless here.
I mixed the dry ingredients and wet ingredients seperately. I thought that using the seperation method would work well with these pancakes because this ensures they’ll be evenly dispersed and create a consistent flavor and texture throughout the finished product. Yeah it takes a little more work-but its worth it.
After mixing the wet into the dry and letting the whole batter sit for a few minutes. It was time to get cooking!
Over medium heat, I sprayed some olive oil in the pan and spooned out the mixture into silver dollar sized cakes. If you prefer bigger pancakes, by all means…make these as small or large as you want
Then I ate them…in about 5 minutes flat. I was hungry and they were really really good. I would recommend some coconut oil or almond butter on top or even better yet–some dark chocolate chips to really seal the deal. Whatever you choose-you won’t be dissapointed! But listen–if Pancakes aren’t your jam, I have MANY more breakfast recipes that you can try!
COCOA CINNAMON PALEO PANCAKES
- 2T coconut flour
- 1 whole egg
- ⅛C low fat cottage cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ¼C almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ¼tsp baking soda
- ½tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1T unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼tsp cinnamon
- ⅓C blueberries
- 1T flaxmeal (ground flaxseeds)
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside (baking soda, flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and flax)
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk together (eggs, cottage cheese, vinegar, almond milk)
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and use any oil you would like (1 tsp coconut oil or spray olive oil)
- Pour batter into the skillet in whatever sized cakes you like! (I did silver dollar sized to make about 6 smaller cakes)
- Add the blueberries evenly in each of the pancakes
- When they start bubbling, flip them over and cook an additional minute or so.
- Stack on a plate and top with whatever you desire!! (banana slices or nut butter or maple syrup)